Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Update 8/15

Just wanted to give a quick update. Yesterday, Dr. Khan did an endoscopy on me to look at my stomach and see if there was anything there that might be causing all my nausea and vomiting. He saw some abnormalities and took biopsies of those (he doesn't think they're cancerous, but may help lead us to something that is causing the nausea.) He also injected Botox into my pylorus. The pylorus is the muscle at the base of the stomach that helps push food out of your stomach into your intestines. It can get swollen or inflamed and cause nausea. Well, today I woke up and didn't need to take any nausea medicine until 1:30 pm! That may sound silly, but I have had to take nausea medicine as soon as I wake up or I can't even get out of bed for the last year. So this is incredibly monumental! I just pray it continues to work! I saw my pain doctor today and he told me that he had another patient who had that done, and it got rid of her pain, too. That would be so amazing if I could get rid of the pain, too! Anyway, my next step is to go out to MN for my 6 month post-op checkup. I can't believe it's been 6 months already! I sure thought I would be much further along in my recovery by now, so it does get depressing at times. But today I'm feeling relatively ok and excited about the prospect of how the Botox might "fix" me, so that's what I'm focusing on today! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment