Saturday, August 10, 2013

More non-news

Well, since I've been back in Phoenix, I've been to the eye dr (I need glasses), to the dentist (I need 2 root canals, among other things), my primary dr (who told me I need a Psychiatrist, but doesn't know any names) and my GI. Twice. (Who told me to just double all my GI meds.) Oh, and he has never seen anyone with gastroparesis as bad as mine, ever. And he's 83.

So, once again, no news is no news. Nothing has changed, except I'm throwing up more. My GI told me that there's a study in Kansas that implants a pacemaker  in the stomach to make it beat 5 times/minute. My problem is that my stomach is completely paralyzed, but my intestines move food through me faster than a bullet. (Just guessing....a bullet is one of the only things that HASN'T been inside my GI tract, I think!) Also, I'll be in MN this Sun-Tues for routine testing, but I'll ask Dr. Dunn what she thinks about that pacemaker. At this point, we're going to try doubling my meds for a month and then testing my gastric emptying while I'm on that (very expensive, of course) med. If we can improve the number with more drugs, that will mean great news to him. I'll keep you posted...

Oh, as an aside, I do, indeed, have trigeminal neuralgia. However, according to my neurologist, it's very easy to control. He gave me a 2 week supply of meds (God bless the meds) that took all the symptoms away. Yay! I haven't had any new incidents since. He ordered an MRI to check that there's nothing in there pushing on the nerve, but I think the brain scan will come up with absolutely zero findings. That will explain a lot.  

No comments:

Post a Comment