Friday, April 20, 2012

Friday update

Not a whole lot of news today. The CT report was not very descriptive, so they are sending the actual films to Dr. Dunn overnight. She will get them tomorrow (Saturday) and give me a call after that. My joints feel much better today - I can walk! And my fever is gone, so we're wondering if it wasn't some bug I got. I kind of doubt it. After I was able to restart the Lasix (diuretic), my joints have felt a little better, so I think they were just full of fluid. Though that doesn't really explain why one toe was so painful. I'm just weird. I think I should go work at a Med school as a living exhibit. "OK class, I have abdominal pain, nausea, enormous ankles and a very sore toe. So, what's wrong with me? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?" I'm still having a lot of abdominal pain, so we need to figure out what's going on there. I've spoken with others who are still in a lot of pain at this point post-op, so it's not all that alarming except that mine got better and then worse. On Monday my pain was around a 4 (on a 1-10 scale) and now it's a 6+. If it gets much worse, I'll need to fly back to MN because I won't let any Tucson quack touch me.

The best news though is that my family is coming up to Phoenix tomorrow to pick me up! I miss them SO much! I'm still a little scared of getting back to "real" life and everything that goes with it, but I was worried about leaving the hospital, removing my g-tube, and heading out to AZ and I've gotten through that OK. I'm really going to miss having my mom around. She has taken such good care of me, and is good conversation, too. :-) I'll have plenty of support in Tucson, but it will take some time to learn all my little routines and needs. I think my biggest fear is just being responsible for someone besides myself right now. I'm very easily overwhelmed and know that something as simple as 4th grade math can send me into an anxiety attack. Logically, I know that's dumb. But I'm not so logical these days... It will all work out, just like everything else has, I know. And I just want to see Lew and the kids! I'm counting down the minutes! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment