Tuesday, April 3, 2012

It's official! Goodbye drain, hello plane!

I had my final appointment with Dr. Borja, who covers when Dr. Dunn is out. At first, he was going to make me come back on Thursday to remove the drain, but I kept good records and begged him to do it today. So, one tube down, only 1 more left (my feeding tube). They took my weight today and I had gained 5 lbs since last week. It makes no sense because I've only eaten a couple of things (oatmeal and chicken) and have been very active, so I asked if they would reduce the amount of my tube feeds. I also asked them to reduce my insulin because I've had several low blood sugar readings. So, they cut both in half and expect to reduce my insulin even more. They think my eyelets are beginning to kick in - yippeee!  The nurse thinks my weight gain has to be water weight, because of how quickly it came on. I don't care WHAT it is, I just want it off!

So, we are flying back to Phoenix on Friday, YAY!!! I am going to fly with mom; there's no way I could fly alone right now. I will stay with her for a week, then Lew and the kids will come get me the next weekend. I am SO looking forward to my nice, cozy bed. Yeah, I'll be happy to see Lew and the kids, but my bed is what I REALLY miss! (Shhh...don't tell them!)

We went to the Mall of America yesterday - it never sinks in just how big it really is! It's .57 miles around, which actually sounds low to me. And it's not your simple "drive to the mall," We had to walk to the bus station, take the bus to the train, and then take the train to the mall. This whole process takes a little over an hour. So, it was an exhausting trip, but it was a lot of fun and I'm glad we went. Love you, mom!

That's about it. We're now in the packing frenzy too see what to pack. Almost all of my meds are liquid, and I have a lot of them. I have like 6-7 bottles of some of them, and they're big bottles. I called Southwest and they told me that I need to carry on everything with me. I guess the cargo has no pressurization, and they said that they lose boxes all the time. Great. But I also have a bunch of supplies (wound dressings, tape, etc) that I am going to pack, since it won't be the end of the world if they lose the boxes. Just lots of stuff to do - better get at it!

2 comments: