Friday, May 11, 2012

Status update May 11

Well, things are about the same here. I've been feeling lousy for the last couple weeks. I'm exhausted all the time, nausea/vomiting, and lots of abdominal pain. My joints hurt horribly. I'm a wreck, eh? My primary dr has referred me to a rheumatologist, but their soonest appointment is in july. Really, even my worst days now are better than my best days when I had a pancreas. I just need something to complain about - otherwise what would you have to read? I spend a lot of time curled up in bed with my heating pad. I know I feel better when I do get up and get some sort of exercise, but convincing myself of that is the tricky part. My definition of "exercise" is certainly held loosely though, and when I try to push it too much, I end up hugging the porcelain god. Which is basically daily.

I think we're starting to get some answers now, though.   My blood work just came back and my liver numbers are out of whack. (My Alkaline, ALT and AST are super high.) Typically, those #s mean either an infection in my liver or a blockage where they re-connected my liver to my intetine. But, my White Blood Cell count is ok, so that would rule out infection. And my bilirubin is ok, which rules out a blockage. So, they're putting me on an antibiotic hoping that will do the trick. Otherwise, I think a blockage means surgery. On top of it all, I'm terrified that my liver is going to reject my islets. My blood glucose has been on the high side (around 140 which really doesn't worry the drs). They say when you're in pain, your blood sugar goes up. So, I know WHY it's high, I just hope it doesn't damage my little islets.

So, I'm asking for everyone's prayers again. Please pray that the antibiotic does the trick and that there is no damage to my liver or my islets. Pray that this relieves the joint pain. And pray that I start to get my energy back. I know all of you have been so wonderfully supportive with your prayers, and you've gotten me through much bigger crises than this! So thank you everyone, for all your love and support. I just didn't expect to need these prayers this far out from surgery. Also, please pray for God to watch over my grandpa Jim. He is not doing well, and is now in hospice at home. I just want him to be comfortable and surrounded by our family who love him so much. For those who cannot be there in person, we are there in spirit. And Congrats to Courtney and Sam on their big college graduations! It really is a TOUGH thing to do, but you persisted and you made it! I still have nightmares of realizing too late that I was missing one class in order to graduate (usually math, which is funny...). Thanks you everyone for your prayers and support. I love you for all that you have done!

No comments:

Post a Comment