Sunday, May 20, 2012

Weekend update

Hi everyone! I had a good Saturday - we went down to a big BBQ that some friends had. We were gone for about 8 hours - a record excursion for me! I didn't even need to go lay down in the middle! Silly, I know, but it's a big step for me. And I took a record low in pain medicine to boot! I'm just grateful to be blogging about happy things now! :-)

I had my 3 month bloodwork taken last week - I'm hoping to have the results back on Monday. My left lung has been achy and I've had a cough for the last couple weeks, so I finally went to Urgent Care for a chest xray. (My MN drs wanted an xray because of that pleural effusion I had when I was out there. And Urgent Care is just easier than going to my primary.) The xray was clear, so that's good. Just some bronchitis, likely due to allergies since it's been so windy. But the RN was concerned about my giant ankles. She recommended that I have bloodwork done to test my kidney function. Fortunately, it was already on the list of tests from last week, so I don't have to have MORE blood drawn. I'm sure that my kidneys are fine, but I sure would like to get all of this fluid out of my joints. My knees especially are so sore. There MUST be something they can do about it. I bought myself some compression hose tonight - see if they help any. Heck, I'm willing to shuffle around in my compression hose. They'll be a good part of my ensemble as I wheel through the aisles in my Wal-Mart scooter. Oh yeah - you know you're jealous! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Megan I believe I met your mom in Minnesota when you had the surgery done. My son also suffers from asyou say cranky panky
    I am following your posts and appreciate your comments
    Give yourbest to your mom for me
    Suzanne kosmalski

    ReplyDelete