Monday, January 23, 2012

Testing Frenzy

Well, it looks like the floodgates are opening. Of course, this is all pre-op stuff, but it has to be done before anyone will even schedule surgery. Then it's about 4-6 weeks for the big one! The acronyms referenced below are UMC (University Medical Center - Tucson) and UMN (University of Minnesota - Minneapolis). Here's the plan as I know it right now:

1/23 - physical w/ PCP in Tucson
1/25 - blood tests and appt w/ Dr. Gruessner @ UMC (the surgeon who will be doing the yanky of the cranky panky)
1/26 - Gastric Emptying Study @ UMC (to see how quickly food moves through my body, or out of it in my case. I have to eat a radioactive meal and then they take images periodically to see how everything's moving. This is a four hour test - good thing I have lots of magazines!)
1/28 - MRI @ UMC using Dr. Rilo's special algorithms (looking at my pancreas for damage, and my liver to make sure it's in good enough condition to house my islets once they're removed from the panky, and also to look for that stinkin' stent!)
1/29 - Lew and I fly to MN
1/30 - EUS w/ PFTs @ UMN (see previous post for details)
1/31 - blood work, Boost testing, meet with UMN social worker and Dr. Dunn (transplant surgeon)
2/1 - MRCP and appt w/ Dr. Freeman (general surgeon) @ UMN
2/2 - fly back to Tucson
2/8 - appt w/ pain management in Tucson

So, there you have it. Heck, I almost don't have time to be sick. Let the prodding begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment