Monday, January 2, 2012

Santa Belly!




Back in 1991, ABC showed a "real exorcism" on tv.  The demon inside was named Minga.  I remember at the time running around the house shouting, "Minga don't want to leave! Minga no go!" I have now decided to nickname my pancreas Minga.  (On this show, Minga's a short African lady, but I'm sure she could morph into an Anglo pancreas if she wants to!)  Fast forward to about 7:00 in the clip - I can't figure out how to crop the video.  Note at about 7:38, the girl starts speaking in tongues...it sounds like she's yelling, "Santa Belly!"  This also fits well, as I can be perfectly described as Santa Belly.  2 months on a liquid diet and I still look like a bowl full of jelly... Now I just need an exorcism to get this awful beast out of me!

In related news...the beast is still thriving within.  We're hoping that it's the stent giving me issues and it just needs to come out.  That's what happened last time.  I was starting to feel a bit better this morning, so I tried a half bowl of soup and it did not go well.  So, as long as I can lay in bed, not move, and not eat, I'm doing just fine!  I left a message for Dr Cunningham that I had a big basket of Ghirardelli chocolate waiting for him, but I'm taking out one piece each day until he sees me.  I expect that I'll get my stent pulled first thing Tuesday morning!  :-)

The kids start back to school tomorrow morning - yay!  It's good for all of us to get into a routine, even if that routine is homework...

No comments:

Post a Comment