Sunday, December 25, 2011

Guard! Guard!...

Free at last, free at last!

I'm home, yay! Those people were horrid.

When I was 11, I had my appendix out and then caught meningitis so I was in the hospital for a couple weeks. There was a little boy in the room next to mine - he was about 2 or 3. His parents literally never came to visit him the entire time I was there. He would crawl out of bed, so the nurses put him in a crib with a top on it. He would stand up, rattle the bars, and cry, "Guard! Guard! Let me out!" Poor little guy. It took me 25 years to realize what this kid knew from the get go - it's easier to pretend that you're locked up in a penitentiary than accepting the reality of what those "guards" are doing to you. If nothing else, this stay will definitely factor into the decision as to whether I stay in Tucson or travel to MN for any future medical needs!

No comments:

Post a Comment