Tuesday, December 13, 2011

My ERCP is scheduled for next Thurs 12/22.  Hopefully Dr C can open up my ducts again to provide some relief.  I've accepted now that this is not going to go away, and I won't be able to keep cutting the ducts.  Still, I'm hoping that I can feel good enough to go back to work and we can deal with the surgical options when we're not in crisis mode.  I'm also going to see the endocrinologist on 12/19.  A friend told me about her brother who had pancreatitis and they found a benign tumor on his thyroid.  Once that was removed, he hasn't had a bout of pancreatitis since.  I figure we may as well explore that option, though I think it's unlikely for me.  I have clear medical evidence (finally!) that I had elevated pressures and divisum, so this is a long shot.  But hey, what the heck - my new full time job is to visit as many dr's as humanly possible!

Again I want to thank all of our friends and family for their support and prayers.  You all have helped us so much through all of this.  There's not a whole lot anyone can "DO" but just keep praying.  Love you!!!

Oh, here's another site I found.  Apparently, Tucson has a "Comprehensive Center for Chronic Pancreatitis."  Who knew?  Really sad that I live here and have never heard of it before, although it's at UMC which is where Dr C works.  There's a good article on the different treatments for pancreatitis.  http://www.pancreatitiscenter.com/chronicpancreatitis_treatment.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment