Sunday, February 26, 2012

Day 9

I guess I had two day 7's. Since this experience is much like the movie "groundhog day" it's not surprising two have two day 7's! Wake up each morning, eat breakfast, bundle up, step in the same slush puddle, shiver my way across campus ( being passed by super-fast walking students), get to the hospital, walk up six floors, sit in room, etc. You get the idea. Megan is getting stronger each day. She is starting to have hands on experiences with unclogging tubes, giving herself insulin shots, generally doing self-care. She gains a little strength each day.

Meg has been spiking a fever a couple of times a day, so they are trying to rule out any infection. She is still experiencing nausea which is often connected with a clogged g-tube. Dr. Dunn is so wonderful about tweaking meds and trying new things to solve problems. She is a really good listener and then she works to solutions. We are sure that we are in the right place.

We are about a block from the mighty Mississippi. WHen the wind blows over the river it is freezing!

Sent from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. I am happy to see that Megan is doing well and getting better every day. I followed her since she joined our support group (Pancreatitis-A Ray of Hope) and posted her blog address. I will also be having the TP/AIT next month and Dr. Dunn will be my surgeon. I am wondering if Megan would be up for a visit? If so, I can be reached at globajulie-at-yahoo.com.

    ReplyDelete