Sunday, February 12, 2012

Doing it au naturale!

As usual, I lay in bed this morning, trying not to make any movements that would induce the dreaded vomitous maximus. It's usually the nausea that wakes me up, but once I lift my head to get that phenergan in me, the pain kicks in. Not usually TOO bad first thing in the morning - it just builds throughout the day. But this morning was one of the worst. It was unrelenting (one of those pains that come in waves that do not stop).  So, I lay on my bed; inhaling quietly, then softly (or maybe not!) moaned with each breath I exhaled. It really reminded me of labor pains and that staggered breathing (Hooo-hee-hee-hee-hee-hee). Recently I saw the pain scale on a Dr's office wall comparing a rating of "10" to giving birth. (Any moms with pancreatitis, join me in roaring laughter now! Believe me, it's not even close!) But then it got me thinking - maybe that IS as bad as it gets! Maybe I CAN do this. So, I'm happy to announce that instead of anesthesia and painkillers with this surgery, I'm just gonna hire a doula and pant my way through the whole thing! Maybe I can get me one of those big exercise balls to sit on too! A great idea, no?!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment