Friday, March 16, 2012

2 steps forward, one step back

Well, yesterday I started a new medicine that will thin the gunk in my stomach. We're hoping that it will help so that I'm not constantly fighting to unclog my g-tube. And it seems to be working well - I haven't had any blockages since I started that med (knock on wood). Yay, right? Well yes, yay for that. But it can't ever go smoothly, can it? So, I am back in the hospital with pneumonia. :-(

I woke up about 4 am with pain in my left side and difficulty breathing. I laid around till about 1 when I decided I should probably call one of the doctors, especially since the weekend is coming up. They took a chest xray and my entire lung is filled up. The drs are a bit scared since it happened so fast to this extent. SO... they've admitted me to the hospital to keep an eye on me. They're not positive what it is - the xray shows a "pleural effusion" which means that the sac around my lung is full of fluid, or it could be pneumonia inside my lung, or there may be a hole in my lung near the abscess I have that has drained into my lung. They have ordered a CT scan, and are putting me on antibiotics and a diuretic to try to get the fluid to drain. They will take another xray tomorrow to see if the fluid is draining. If not, they will have to put in ANOTHER drain tube. I really hope they don't need a drain - I should be getting them out, not putting them in! So, please send your prayers this way. I just want to be able to breathe!

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

2 comments: