Monday, March 26, 2012

Greetings on a frozen Monday

Hello all,

Feeling much better here. I really think I'm over the hump and it will be downhill from here. (Yes, I am knocking on wood as we speak!) My next challenge will be in the brain department - I had an appointment for some blood draws at the hospital this morning and it wasn't until we sat down in the shuttle that I realized that, once again, I forgot to change out of my slippers. Oops! :-) Of course, I had to take a photo! Nobody at the hospital seemed to mind...

Well, I've had my g-tube closed since 6 am Friday! Now that's without any food, but it's a huge milestone for me! I was super nauseated this morning, so finally broke down to drain it, but only a few drops came out. At least now I know that it's not from anything in my stomach. I think I'm finding that I get nauseous when my blood sugar is high. It's just gonna take some time for me to learn what this new body is telling me!

I'm getting better with my activity level, too. Yesterday I walked on the treadmill for 30 minutes! And today, we walked home from the hospital (~4 blocks) at a very rapid pace. There's a hospital shuttle that drives to several locations in a big loop. Our apartment is the stop right before the hospital, so it's only a couple minute ride when going TO the hospital. But when you want to go home, you have to ride the whole 30 minute loop to get back to the apartment, so it's faster to walk home if you're able. Plus, they jerk that bus around like there's no tomorrow, so I'm always ready to vomit once I finally get on firm ground. So today, we decided to walk home. But ooooh, once we got out there, it was cooooold! And windy! We just had our thin sweatshirts with us, and it was 31° outside. We practically sprinted home. It was definitely the fastest I've walked in quite a while. In slippers, no less!

Well, that's about it. I have an appt with Dr. Dunn tomorrow (Tuesday) afternoon, so I should know a lot more then. About my health, anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment