Saturday, March 10, 2012

3/10 update

Hello all! Today was a pretty good day. I had an appt over at the clinic this morning. (I thought it was with the transplant fellow, but he was conspicuously absent - again.) Anyway, they drew some blood and everything looks pretty good there - nothing alarming. The nurses were super nice and loaded us up with more supplies. It's amazing how many syringes and rolls of tape and bandages that you need after surgery. If anyone reading this is pre-TP-IAT, I definitely recommend stocking up on supplies at the hospital. The nice nurses will give you anything you ask for. This stuff alone would certainly break the bank, and don't even get me started on the number of medications they have you take!

After that, we came back to the apartment. Mom decided to walk to CVS since the weather was so gorgeous. When she got back, I decided to join her on another short walk. Since we're unfamiliar with the city, we ended up taking the "scenic route", which was a bit further than we'd intended, but I managed to walk about .6 miles! I was really proud of myself that I could make it that far!

Then this evening, I actually started to feel a little hungry so I capped off my g-tube and had a few bites of jello. I was completely full after 3 or 4 bites, but I managed to keep my tube closed for over a half hour! I know, 3 bites of jello is hardly impressive, but I'm celebrating all the little baby steps along the way!

Well, that's about all I've got. No Dr appointments tomorrow, so we'll just hang out all day. The weather's supposed to be nice again (in the 60s), so I'm sure we'll venture out on another walk. I just need to keep progressing so I can get back to my home sweet home!

4 comments:

  1. Megan, I am pre-TP/AIT and have been following your journey since you came to Minnesota. My surgery is on the 23rd and I'll definitely use your suggestion! I live near Minneapolis and I would be happy to taxi you any where you and your mom might want to go over the next week or so. Just email me if you're interested.

    Julie
    globajulie@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeay Meg, you look SO good! I started laughing when I saw the picture - only YOU would be walking around with short sleeves with snow on the ground! :) I've been following your every move and am super-happy you're kickin' butt and healing...I know it feels like you're healing "slowly" but you have made SUCH amazing progress! Proud of you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megs, you look fantastic! I've been following your blog, and I'm amazed as always at your perseverance. I hope you keep feeling better every day and get home soon. Thinking of you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, my account is funny - this is Debbi.

    ReplyDelete