Sunday, March 18, 2012

Still trucking along

Still here, doing about the same. I had a chest xray this morning. To my lay eye, it looked maybe a little bit better, but still significantly full of fluid. I haven't seen any doctors about this today, but one of them ordered more diuretics. MAN...there will be NO fluids left in you after that stuff! My guess is that I was right (go figure!) that there has been some progress, so they will continue to wait and see. The resident seemed pretty reluctant to put in a drain, which made me happy. He sounded almost resigned to it yesterday, but hopeful that I can heal myself. Anytime a cut is made, it introduces bacteria into my body, so I want to avoid that if at all possible! I think they're going to continue along for another day, and take another xray in the morning. I'm OK with that, as long as there is forward motion. Overall, I'm feeling a little better - they were able to reduce the amount of oxygen I need to be given.

I would like to thank everyone over at Desert Cross Lutheran Church for all your thoughts and prayers. It is so wonderful to know that there are so many folks out there praying for me, and I know your notes and emails really brighten mom's day. So again - thank you! You have made  such a huge impact on my life! :-)

1 comment: