Tuesday, March 20, 2012

At my breaking point

It's just one thing after another after another. The xray this morning showed that the fluid was still there, and my lung had probably collapsed just a little bit more. So, they decided to drain it. They come to pick me up for "Interventional Radiology" and I turned to mom, "Oh, so it's an intervention now, eh? How could you do this to me?" She said, "Don't worry, your brothers and sister and Lew are down there waiting for you." Ha! The transport guy wasn't quite sure what to do with us! :-)

The drainage wasn't too bad. They had a hard time finding a place to go in to  drain because of the amount of fluid. But, they did manage to drain it successfully. That really helped me to start breathing again, but I'm still in quite a lot of pain when I inhale deeply. But it is much, much better. They also took a fluid sample to send to pathology to make sure there's no infection.

When I got back to the room, I was just hanging out in bed watching TV and felt something wet. My g-tube pops open quite often, so I figured that was it. Nope. The stitch in my j-tube had ripped off and the tube was pushing itself out of me. So if you put food in my g-tube, it just leaks out from the hole in the middle of my abdomen. Mom made some crack but I was like, "No. No cracks. Not funny." as I was on the verge of tears. Bethany (the resident) tried her best to get it back in there, but couldn't. So it was BACK to xray so we could see where the tube was. Once Bethany saw the xray, she was able to push my tube back in easily. Now I'm just waiting for them to stitch it to me (not urgent).

Now I'm getting more and more pain with breathing again. My chest just feels like it's being stabbed over and over again. Hopefully, the pain is my lung re-inflating itself. It sure hurts enough.

And that was all before noon. I'm going to take a nap. Will update later once I talk to Dr. Dunn.

3 comments:

  1. Awwww, Meg, isn't fluid in the lungs horrendous?!?! I didn't think much could be worse than pancreatic surgery but it sure scares the crap out if you when you can't breathe, doesn't it??? I was SO, SOOOO scared! I've been out of the hospital for 2 weeks and I am STILL crackling in my right lung! I almost think I'd rather have pancreatitis....nah, never mind. :). Heal quickly, my friend, much love to you and your family!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn. When are you going to catch a break? I hope te lung recovery goes fast and you feel better asap

    ReplyDelete
  3. ENOUGH ALREADY! GOD, PLEASE HEAL OUR MEGAN!!!

    ReplyDelete