Friday, March 9, 2012

3/9 update

Hello all,

Nothing new and spectacular here. It was kind of a blah day. My g-tube (the tube that drains the contents of my stomach) got clogged, and that always makes me feel yucky. Usually a walk will help stir things up, but not this time. (However, in my quest to walk, I managed to walk on the treadmill for 10 minutes today! Yay me!)  :-) Anyway, I finally got the stupid tube unclogged late this afternoon, and have felt much better since.

The only other news is that yesterday and then again today, my blood glucose dropped pretty low. It was an easy fix - apple juice brought me right back to the normal range. I told my endocrinologist and she wants me to lower the amount of long-acting insulin that I give myself every day. This could mean that my islets are starting to wake up - yay! Hopefully the trend continues!

It's supposed to be 60 degrees here tomorrow! Mostly warm weather the whole week. Tuesday's forecast is 65! Maybe we can get some walking in and explore the stores around the university. I still don't have much stamina - I need to build up my endurance a bit, but it sounds like the weather this week will be very conducive to that!

That's all I've got. I have an appt tomorrow morning with the transplant fellow. Not quite sure of the purpose of this visit. Probably to find out if I've been miraculously healed and have no more nausea. Where are Jimmy and Tammy Faye Baker when you need them????

No comments:

Post a Comment