Saturday, March 24, 2012

I'm home!!!

Or, back to the apartment, at least. They did another thoracentesis Friday morning and got about 500mL fluid this time. They only got 375mL the first time, so it's not surprising that I still couldn't breathe after the first one. Anyway, I felt worse immediately after the procedure, but am starting to feel better now. Still need to work on expanding the collapsed portion, but I'll get there!

Now for some exciting news! On Thursday, Dr. Dunn wanted me to start clamping my g-tube for longer and longer until I can go 2 whole days with it clamped. Well, I'm proud to announce that I was able to go from 4 pm - midnight (8 hours) on Thursday! (The longest I've gone before this was 1 hour.) I was very proud of myself.  Then, I clamped it again at 6 am Friday and I made it a full 24 hours clamped! Probably silly to be so excited, but it's all about the little victories here. :-)  So, if I can stay clamped all day today (Sat), I think I can eat some clear liquids. I'll do that for a couple days so by my next appointment with Dr. Dunn on Tues, she'll let me go to full liquids. Not sure how long that phase will last, but it gets me that much closer to coming (to my REAL) home!!!

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the good work. Just realized that when I hit reply to your email it doesn't post here. I'm sure my witty words of wisdom would have worked wonders. Tell your mom to hang in there too. I totally get it....take good care of yourself. Bety

    ReplyDelete